Unit13: Build-a-Robot Summary video 2019-2020
We will be building robots together (one robot per student).
- Step 1: Carefully color and cut-out the Head and Body. Make sure to clearly write your name and the name of your class on the back of the Head.
- Step 2: Use the point of the pencil to carefully pierce a small hole through the black dot on the Body and on the Head.
- Step 3: Mark all of the folds on the Body, then glue all of the faces of the Body except the face with the hole
- Step 4: Mark all the folds on the Head, then glue all of the faces of the Head except the face with the hole
- Step 5: Insert the pointy part of a brass fastener through the hole on the inside of the Head and then insert the pointy part again through the hole on the outside of the Body. Spread the legs of the brass fastener that are now on the inside of the Body.
- Step 6: Glue the last open face of the Body and then do the same with the Head.
- Step 7: Using pipe cleaners you can create arms and optional antenna to your robot.
- Step 8: Select one wheeled or non-wheeled LEGO mobility units to complete the lower portion of their robots. Every time you use your robot you can select a different LEGO mobility unit.
- Step 9:
*** Intermediate Students: After you have completed your robot build record a still image showing your robot and submit that image in Google Classroom
***Primary Students: After you have completed your robot have your teacher take a picture of you and your robot.
- Step 10: Robots will be stored to be used in future units. The LEGO mobility unit will be separately stored to be re-used with other classes.
Joseph Bruce Bustillos (website) by Joseph Bruce Bustillos is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License