I gave the following presentation/discussion assignment to my media students:
Today we are going to look at the lifestyle of another photographer, Andy Best, who has chosen to live his life with his small family entirely on the road.
Please watch the following video, thinking about what kind of travel-adventure you would go on if you could.
Think about living a “media career” lifestyle, inspired by Andy Best’s story:
- STEP ONE: SELECT IMAGE
- Do a Google Search to find an image that expresses the kind of lifestyle you would like to imagine for yourself (and your future family). Save that image to your device. If you already have that image in your devices’ photo-library you can use that image instead.
- STEP TWO: INSERT IMAGE INTO COMMENTS*
- Click the COMMENTS button below and click in the text box
- Click the INSERT menu > Image > Upload Image
- STEP THREE: DESCRIBE IMAGE SELECTION
- Write a brief paragraph (three sentences minimum) about why you selected this image. What about this image expresses what kind of lifestyle you would like to have.
- STEP FOUR: COMMENT ON THE IMAGE(S) OF TWO OTHER CLASSMATES
- To get full credit for this assignment, find two other classmates and comment on their posting
- Keep the comments positive and specific (about why you like their image)
[NOTE: This assignment was setup as a discussion in our Canvas LMS (Learning Management System). You can “participate” using the Comment function in WordPress or FB]