JBB’s Final Thoughts Episode 16: Anti-Apple Ads Smell Like Number Two: Unlike the whimsical Mac versus PC ads, Samsung’s and Microsoft’s snarky ads seem to be admitting to their number two position by identifying Apple as the competitor to beat. Odd that the companies with the greatest market share in their markets are running ads you run when you are playing catch-up. Tech is weird. This just in, Apple reported 4-million models pre-ordered in the first 24-hours, not too bad for a copy-cat device two-years behind the times. Click here to download an Archive.org version of this video podcast.
- “Galaxy Note 4 – Then And Now” by Samsung Mobile USA, http://youtu.be/oxhSnNZH3Rk
- “Surface Pro 3 – Power” by Microsoft, http://bit.ly/1lUroIB
- “Apple – iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus – Seamless” by Apple, http://youtu.be/RS5mzvqWM-c
- image: “Gazelle Reports Spike in Used Samsung Device Sells,” http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/gazelle_reports_spike_in_used_samsung_device_sells
- “Samsung smartphone trade-in requests surge in wake of Apple’s iPhone 6 announcements,” AppleInsider Forums, http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/182230/samsung-smartphone-trade-in-requests-surge-in-wake-of-apples-iphone-6-announcements
- “Apple’s ‘Get a Mac,’ the Complete Campaign” by Tim Nudd/Adweek, http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/apples-get-mac-complete-campaign-130552