Mobile Ed-Tech Invasion, CUE@macworld2012 presentation
It’s a bit hard to believe that it was almost three weeks ago that I flew to San Francisco to attend Macworld|iWorld 2012 and to do my 30 minute presentation at the pre-conference CUE@macworld session. I had toyed with the idea of doing a video recording of my talk, but decided, given that this would be my first real presentation, that running the video camera would be at least one job too many. I also decided after the talk that just posting the Keynote file wouldn’t really do because looking at the slides would hardly equate with the actual talk. So, I decided to do the following ScreenFlow video-version of the talk. Enjoy.
You can find a google doc version of the talk with speakers notes posted here.
I will post my notes and photos from my four days attending Macworld|iWorld 2012 & CUE@Macworld 2012 over the next four days.
- Viddler video: Disruptive Ed-Tech: Mobile Technology Invasion of the Classroom – A Keynote Presentation by Joe Bustillos, http://www.viddler.com/v/7129d294 retrieved 2/9/2012.
Here’s my reference list from my macworld talk:
- “Text Message Haikus: A SmartMob Exercise” by Abir Alameddine, Joe Bustillos, Julia Parra, James Rhoads, and Tina Sartori, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOn5Am6Lt5E&feature=g-upl&context=G27ee3c1AUAAAAAAAUAA retrieved 1/22/2012
- What Does a Tech-Savvy 21st Century School Look Like? by Joe Bustillos, http://josephbustillos.com/2012/01/17/what-does-a-tech-savvy-21st-century-school-look-like/, retrieved 1/22/2012
- OnCUE, Winter 2005, Vol. 27 No. 4
- “Third Arm, Gateway Drug or Just a Toy? Inductively Driven Mixed Methods Study on the Use of Mobile Learning Technologies in Higher Education,” Dr. Nancy Jefferson Smith, Ed.D., October 2010, http://gradworks.umi.com/34/51/3451083.html
- “Less Than a Class Set” by Kristin Redington Bennett, Learning & Leading with Technology, December 2011-January 2012, Vol. 39 No. 4, pp. 22-25.
- Point/Counterpoint: “Should Students Use Their Own Devices in the Classroom” Gary Stager and Lisa Nielson, Learning & Leading with Technology, February 2012, Vol. 39 No. 5, pp. 5-6.
- Slide 1: Invasion! By Marcin Wichary, http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwichary/4141370417/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 1: ipad and moleskin.jpg by dtl, http://mrg.bz/9pcBxR retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 2: Program Decal – EMDT, the hangr – Full Sail Apparel, http://hangr.fullsail.com/products/Program_Decal_EMDT-49-40.html retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 2: Furgeson Academy of Communication & Technology (FACT) Teacher Training by Joe Bustillos, circa 1998
- Slide 2: JosephBustillos.com Blog Landing Page by Joe Bustillos, http://josephbustillos.com retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 3: Microsoft Office Clipart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/results.aspx?qu=classroom%20technology&ctt=1#ai:MP900422528|mt:2| retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 4: Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil – By Rose Robinson, http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosedavies/110850792/in/photostream/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 4: Cell Phone – By Mike “Dakinewavamon” Kline http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikekline/384589883/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 4: Krasnoyarsk hydroelectric plant spillway By sashapo (Alex Polezhaev) http://www.flickr.com/photos/sashapo/4745280047/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 4: White Board Wiki – Planning for the Future – Last “Slide” – By jblyberg (John Blyberg) http://www.flickr.com/photos/jblyberg/3395249228/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 5: Young boy bored in school – microsoft office clipart, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/similar.aspx#ai:MP900439553| retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 6: microsoft office clipart, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/similar.aspx#ai:MP900422135| retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 7: OLPC in Osmosoft – By Phillie Casablanca (Phil Whitehouse), http://www.flickr.com/photos/philliecasablanca/2038307398/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 8: microsoft office clipart, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/results.aspx?qu=classroom%20technology&ctt=1#ai:MP900402233|mt:2| retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 9: microsoft office clipart, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/similar.aspx#ai:MP900409073| retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 10: PhotoJam By One Laptop per Child One Laptop per Child, http://www.flickr.com/photos/olpc/2597844182/in/set-72157610685870568/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 11 & 19: Kindle 3 By kodomut (Zhao !) http://www.flickr.com/photos/kodomut/5145393829/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 13: Teaching with Technology By mikecogh (Michael Coghlan) http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikecogh/2197046312/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 14: microsoft office clipart, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/results.aspx?qu=classroom%20technology&ctt=1#ai:MP900422589|mt:2| retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 16: I got my iPod Touch ….DSC04074 http://www.flickr.com/photos/santarosa/3177771778/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 16: You can have my iPod – By jerine (Jerine Lay) http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerine/2444781987/ retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 18: Gary S. Stager, http://stager.tv/blog/?page_id=2 retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 18: Seymour Papert, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQCZa8MyWIg&feature=player_embedded retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 18: Walter Bender, http://one.laptop.org/about/people/walter-bender-0 retrieved 1/22/2012
- Slide 20: Teacher’s Desk By mortsan (Morten Oddvik) http://www.flickr.com/photos/mortsan/5145386791/ retrieved 1/22/2012